You don’t have to drive when bus air conditioning is faulty
Union Delegates are getting complaints from members claiming that they feel intimidated by Radio Room Officials insisting that they continue to operate buses when the air conditioning has failed. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
Members should note:
- No Supervisor, including Radio Room can force you to drive a bus in service where the air conditioning has failed.
- You should be polite but firm and insist on a changeover
- Unlike the old buses, our passengers cannot open windows on new buses
- opening roof hatches is entirely inadequate and unenforceable.
- You cannot be disciplined for insisting on a changeover when bus air conditioning has failed. The interests of the health and wellbeing of you and your passengers are paramount
Please note the following extract from a STA Safety Committee Report:-
“Air Conditioning Function – The bus is not to operate c/o to be sent out if air conditioning is not working STA/Radio Room advised bus not to be used if malfunctioning, directive sent to STA from OH&S Angela Bateman”.
Workmates must stand together on this issue and say NO or the intimidation will continue.