UGL and John Holland Roadshows
Bulletin No. 24.21
RTBU Officials attended the roadshow by UGL and John Holland in May at which management provided an overview of a proposed restructure as a result of Transport for NSW awarding UGL the contract for the Country Rail Network (CRN).
The detail provided by management at these roadshows is a proposal however we expect that things can and will change as we go through the consultative process.
The proposal includes a shift to a “maintenance only contract” with a reduction of jobs across the network. Only time will tell if this model can maintain the high standard of maintenance that members have worked hard to establish across the CRN network.
RTBU Officials, Delegates and members still have a lot of unanswered questions and are yet to see a written proposal relating to the transfer. We have written to Minister for Regional Transport and Roads seeking clarification on the various issues Members have raised with us.
We continue to seek a meeting with TFNSW to raise your concerns.
We encourage you to:
- Get assessed for progression under clause 53 “Training and Assessment” in the John Holland Rail Pty Ltd Country Regional Network (CRN) Agreement 2019.
- If you have been acting in higher duties for a six-month period, seek permanent appointment to this role in line with clause 16.4.4 Classification Structures.
- Get copies of any information provided by UGL and give it your RTBU representatives.
- Find out if you are on the transfer of long service leave scheme.
- Ask questions and carefully consider your options. Reach out if you need assistance.
The RTBU will continue hold regular Delegates’ meetings and will visit sites to meet with members as often as possible.
For help or if you have questions, please speak to your workplace delegate or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9264 2514
| Issued by: |
| Authorised by: |
Please click HERE to download the bulletin.