RE: Report back on Back Pay Meeting 8/4/2016
Bulletin 11- 2016
To: RTBU Members: Signaller Sub Division
On the 8th April 2016, RTBU Officers and Workplace Delegates attended a meeting with Sydney Trains to discuss the ongoing Payroll Dispute – Payment of penalty for less than 24 hours on a rostered day off.
Sydney Trains affirmed their position on their interpretation of the EA clauses, that being that payment would not be made if an excess shift is created in the fortnights pay cycle.
Sydney Trains have stated their intention to:
- Back pay employees based on Sydney Trains interpretation of the EA.
- Send a letter to employees detailing the amount to be back paid within 7 days.
- Pay the back pay based on the conditions above, no later than 4 weeks (or within 2 pay cycles) from now.
- Commencing May 22 onward, only pay the penalty based on Sydney Trains interpretation of the EA.
- That any back payment made now will not impact or have any effect on any decision that may be made by the Fair Work Commission at a later date.
The RTBU’s position on the interpretation of the EA differs from Sydney Trains’ and will be pursuing the matter further through other channels.
If members have any questions please contact their local delegate or the RTBU office.
|Issued by:||Authorised by:|