PN redundancy process lacks transparency
Pacific National has continued to make members redundant involuntarily, forcing the RTBU to lodge a formal dispute with the company.
The RTBU met with PN earlier in the week in an attempt to resolve the company’s Labour Rationalisation plans.
The meeting was scheduled to allow PN to supply all relevant materials relating to the KSA process from every employee at their respective affected depot to ensure the process was transparent.
Unfortunately the company refused to provide the necessary assurances at the meeting.
The union’s dispute, which has been lodged with the Fair Work Commission centres on the following:
- Pacific National has NOT explored all opportunities for suitable alternate employment, whether within Pacific National Bulk or other entities.
- Pacific National has NOT called for expression of interest for redundancies from other employees.
- Pacific National has NOT considered any views or advice from the Employees, their representative and their Union in relation to the proposed change.
- Pacific National has NOT provided written reasons addressing concerns raised by Employees and or the Union.
A Fair Work Commission hearing is scheduled for July 2. Stay tuned for information about that meeting.
– See more at: http://locoexpress.com.au/pn-redundancy-process-lacks-transparency/#sthash.Ko7aFsAj.dpuf