RTBU Express
RTBU Express
Visit Tram and Bus Express Visit the Tram & Bus Express Website
Visit Loco Express Visit the Loco Express Website

NSW Transport Minister Constance humiliated in supreme court

May 25, 2017News

— MEDIA RELEASE —

NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance MP was today humiliated in the Supreme Court when his attempt to sue his way to bus privatisation failed.

Once the Government realised its application was incompetent and its claim useless, it was then forced to discontinue the matter and commit to not pursuing the Union further.

RTBU NSW Tram & Bus Division Secretary Chris Preston said 1,200 bus drivers had been vindicated.

“STA bus drivers will not be threatened and intimated by Andrew Constance.  We will continue fighting to protect the jobs of bus drivers and to save local bus services in Sydney’s Inner West.

“Minister Constance is in over his head.  Not only does he not know his portfolio, he has wasted about $100,000 in taxpayer’s money on legal fees for his failed legal action.”

RTBU National Secretary Bob Nanva said the NSW Government should be ashamed about the Transport Minister’s vindictive and pointless legal frolic.

“Andrew Constance’s antics over the past week have been bordering on unhinged.”

Unions NSW Secretary Mark Morey said the courtroom embarrassment was another spectacular stuff up from Mr Constance.

“Instead of going after bus drivers, Mr Constance needs to take a good hard look at his own performance.

“For the good of NSW, he needs to either step down, or be told to step down.”

Download PDF

CONNECT WITH US -

Error: