Lodgement of Step 2 Dispute – Station Hubs
Bulletin 38 –
To: RTBU Station Staff Members,
NOT FOR 8 HOURS THEY DON’T
When I said to a manager that “I thought the hubs are a disgusting idea and they are cruel for people working in open stations”, the response was that “Customers have to stand out in bad weather” #
# quote from an RTBU Member
The RTBU has lodged a step 2 dispute notification regarding Station HUBS. The dispute was based on the concerns raised by station staff that took part in the survey.
The issues raised in the dispute are:
- The operation of Station HUBS – how are the Station HUBS going to be staffed.
- Lack of consultation in regards to the placement of the Station HUBS.
- No consultation on the Station HUBS operating hours.
- No provisions in place to ensure the health and safety of staff.
- No provisions for staff to retreat from hot, cold or inclement weather.
In addition the RTBU has requested copies of any ergonomic report that may have been produced regarding the Station HUBS.
The report from the survey will be released in the next week but what is very apparent is that many station staff feels that their employer, “Sydney Trains” doesn’t care about their employee’s health, safety and welfare and in some cases feel that Sydney Trains hate them.
If you have any further questions please contact your local delegate or the RTBU office.
|Issued by:||Authorised by:|
Assistant Branch Secretary