Future Operations Update
Bulletin 13 – 2017 –
To: Train Guards – Sydney Trains,
Sydney Trains Guards are advised that a Depot Delegates meeting was held on 20th April 2017 and a unanimous decision was made to proceed to a vote of members on a “Future Operations package” in relation to a number of items in Clause 12.1 and 12.2 of the 2014 Sydney Trains Enterprise Agreement.
The Future Operations package will be limited to the following:
- An aggregate payment of the “Cab and Security” allowances into the hourly rate;
- A new overtime model for working on your RDO or ADO which will be funded by the Guard Practice Drives, Call Out Allowance and the Train Guards Depot Relief Ratio of 1 : 4.2
This package does NOT include any changes to the following:
- Increases in weekend shift hours;
- Distance based payments;
- Lift up / Lay back provisions;
- Any other items as covered by Clauses 12.1 and 12.2 of the current Sydney Trains EA
The package will also include Guards “owning” their book-off days. Instead of having to “NTA” their days, they can now advise when they are available to work. Guards will also be able to swap their shifts by phone or email.
The “On Loan” clause in the Guards Rostering and Working Arrangements will be altered to allow guards from all depots to apply for On Loan or Permanent Transfers.
A depot tour is being arranged to explain/ brief members on the proposed changes that they will be voting on.
Members are reminded that whilst an in-principle agreement has been given by the delegates, the changes can only be implemented if the majority of members VOTE to agree with the changes.
It has also been agreed that an independent external company will be used to conduct an electronic secret ballot.
The parties have also committed to continue to discuss the remaining 12.1 and 12.2 items and should any in principle agreement be reached in the future another vote will be required.
|Issued by:||Authorised by:|