Further negotiations held; Management Tour expected on new offer.
The RTBU and the combined rail unions, met again today with Sydney and NSW Trains management in an attempt to move closer towards a fair enterprise agreement.
After the previous offer was overwhelming rejected by your union delegates, management today presented the group with an amended version of their offer. The updates include changes to some key conditions as well as pay.
Scroll down to view the summary of the agreement, which was presented today.
Management at the meeting indicated that they would be presenting the new offer directly to the workforce via depot meetings, with those meetings expected to start as early as next week. Stay tuned for their tour details.
These are your wages and conditions, so it is important members take every opportunity available to them to hear about the latest offer, ask questions and provide feedback. The Combined Unions are still working through the documents prior to committing to participating in the Rail Entities Tour.
Please remember to contact your local delegate at any time to discuss any issues which arise.
Together, we will get the wages and conditions you deserve.
Your RTBU team.
Summary: Rail Entities Latest and Final Offer
Total value of package 4.06% per annum (average over 3 years)
- Three year agreement for each organisation
- Pay increases of:
– 3.0% pay rise from date of approval
– Further 3.0% pay rise 12 months after approval
-A further 3.0% pay rise 24 months after approval
- One of $1000 payment to each employee as at approval of agreement
- Travel passes extended for existing employees (incl. current employees with Gold Passes)
-All metropolitan and outer metropolitan bus operations (excluding on demand)
-Sydney Metro from Rouse Hill to Bankstown
-CBD (including existing Inner West services) and SE light rail services
- Unions to support following reforms:
-Changed notice periods in Deed
-Implementation of Group Rail Services
-Frontline Management Changes (NSW Trains)
-Implementation of Rail Operations Centre
-Medical certificate to be provided where absence exceeds two consecutive days
- Redeployment & Redundancy: Arrangements to maintain 64 weeks paid redundancy
- Disciplinary Process & Pay: Improved conditions, master roster or average pay during investigation
- Master Roster: Visibility of change, Task Force for stability, capped number of changes, minimum roster duration
- Facilitation Clause: Improved timeliness, consultation processes and definition
- Domestic Violence support: 7 days paid leave and procedure with flexible arrangements
- Critical Incident Support: To apply to all staff directly impacted
- Contractors: Strengthened consultation regarding engagement
- Accident Make Up Pay: Investigate insurance arrangements for medical expenses and legal costs
- Protection Officers: Establish and trial a number of Protection Officer roles
- Infrastructure Team Leaders: Review of pay anomalies
- Disability Allowance: Replace disability allowance with meal allowance for Civil Infrastructure Workers
- Part Time Workers: Proposals considered from staff to increase minimum engagement to 4hrs
- Beginner Recognition: Recognition of professional engineering skills to be clarified and enhanced.
- Workforce Planning: Maximising career advancement and job security
- Annual Leave Loading: Leave is paid at the time leave is cleared
- Infrastructure Workers Competency: Improves access to training and assessment.