COVID-19 UPDATE – AIRPORT LINK
To: Rail, Tram and Bus Union – Airport Link Members.
As we are well aware, we are now living in extraordinary times and there are uncertain times ahead.
On Tuesday the 24 March 2020 you were briefed by management in regard to their proposal to structure the organisation in such a way that they can keep as many employees working as possible.
In the afternoon of the 24 March 2020 your representatives Jill and Maria along with Wayne Moody (RTBU Organiser) had an opportunity to discuss the plans with management.
It was pleasing to hear from management there is no intention at this stage to stand anyone down, make anyone redundant or reduction in hours where possible.
The other matters that were discussed at the meeting.
- Keeping employees at one fixed location each day.
- Seeking employee consent to voluntary reduce their leave were possible.
- Providing the necessary safety equipment and protection.
- Should you become subject to an Infection and need to be self-Isolated this will be dealt on case by case situation (if this is necessary, you will be supported by the Union).
- Seeking employees to assist in keeping the workplace free from any potential risks by wiping down the hard surfaces that the community may touch.
It is important in these times that both Unions, members, and management work together to get the best outcome, not only for members but the community and support each other through this.
Should you require further information please contact your delegates in the first instance.
|Issued By: |
|Authorised By: |